We partner with CEOs, boards, and investors and enable them to improve their competitive position in the market. We maximize their go-to-market capabilities to achieve profitable revenue growth.
We respect the confidence of our clients, many of which are Private Equity Firms and their portfolios. For more information on our clients, we would be happy to provide references upon request during our evaluation process.
Our portfolio of services draws on our ability to work with our clients to determine the best way forward with precision and confidence. Clients rely on us to define clear, practicable solutions for their challenges and opportunities ensuring we accomplish the expected result. Below are three case study summaries to visualize how we have helped real clients.
High operating costs negatively impacted profitability. The company needed to realign technology and staff to match a new strategic direction. Current IT infrastructure was not scalable, requiring large staff to manage and maintain.
Due diligence analysis identified the need for changes in IT leadership, realign 3rd party providers, evaluate use of consultants, improve reliability of information and telecom systems and reduce overall cost for information technology.
- Lowered annual IT budget by 40%
- Reduced IT staff budget by 30%
- Reduced annual offshore development costs by $144,000
- Negotiated early contract exit saving $68,000/year
- Reduced software seat licenses to save $62,000 annually
- Reduced monthly telecom costs by $12,000 saving $144,000/year
- Reduced annual video and phone conferencing costs by $16,800
- IT Management evaluation
- Technical team staffing model
- 90-day Improvement plan
- Vendor and contract review
- Provided Interim CIO
- Implemented industry specific CRM
- Re-engineered telecom and data network
- Integrated Triage call center and Pharmacy benefits with medical record system
Sales performance was low due to an inexperienced sales team. They lacked a sales and marketing operations resource capable of supporting the go-to-market efforts.
As a result, the client did not have actionable data and was unable to implement strategic initiatives to drive towards actionable outcomes.
Cortado Group provided a proven go-to-market leader to increase revenue and reduce customer attrition.
- Improved revenue attrition by 4%.
- Converted legacy pricing model to ARR model with 87% recurring revenue.
- At-Risk revenue was minimized by 17% during the engagement.
- Up-Sells to existing customers increased by 3% overall, and by 11% to top 50 accounts (>$95K per annum)
- New Customer sales increased by 4% YoY.
- Comp & quota design
- Churn risk identification
- Field marketing plan
- Market segmentation
- Territory design
- BI dashboards
- Due diligence
- Cross-sell synergies
- Interim CRO leadership that supported the CEO and PE ownership by providing go-to-market strategic direction.
Cortado Group placed an Interim CMO to report to the CEO, board of directors, and PE operating partner. Prior to the engagement, overall lead generation efforts were not yielding expected results. The Interim CMO faced additional challenges:
- 3 CEO leadership changes, and 2 CRO changes occurred during the engagement.
- Existing marketing team was understaffed and underfunded.
- Lagging revenues in part due to bad funnel metrics.
- 48% budget cut to align with PE cost takeout objectives.
- Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) to Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) rose from 4.8% to 9.9%.
- The weekly average appointments booked increased 33%.
- Overall ASP increased from $90K to $110K
- Sales cycle length decreased from 122 to 95 days resulting in higher value deals generated by Marketing.
- Interim CMO leadership to support the CEO and PE ownership
- Interim SDR Management
- Corporate Re-brand
- Campaign Strategy & Execution
- Web Redesign & Launch
- Lead Gen & Management
- Pricing Strategy
- Account Segmentation
- Territory Design